SHIFFA – JADE FACIAL MASSAGE ROLLER [Review]
Facial massages, in its various forms, have been present in almost all traditions as a popular anti-ageing technique. In particular, Jade facial massage rollers have been around for centuries. Evidence indicates they’ve been around in China ever since the seventh century. The question we all want the answer to is “Do they really work?”
What is a Jade Facial Massage Roller?
Jade is a healing stone and a symbol of purity and tranquillity. It stimulates health, wealth and longevity. Jade soothes the mind and releases negativity. It is also a cleansing stone which assists in the removal of toxins and detoxifies the blood.
As seen in the images below, the Shiffa Jade Facial Massage Roller comes with a Jade roller on each end. The larger roller is meant to be used on a majority of the face ( with exception of the eye area ) and the smaller roller is to be used around the eyes.
Gently glide the Dual Jade roller over clean skin twice daily for 5-10 minutes. Can be used before the application of makeup whilst applying your favourite moisturizing cream. Additionally, I prefer to place my Jade roller in the fridge half an hour before massaging my face. This makes the whole process more refreshing and energizing.
[ Tip: Let the roller do all the work for you. Facial skin is very sensitive, hence it is essential to be gentle at all times. The Roller is moved with just the weight of the roller pressing on to the skin. AVOID applying pressure while massaging. ]
What it promises vs my observation:
- Stimulates blood circulation and lymphatic drainage: It definitely stimulates blood circulation. If done right, there should be a slight flush of red all over your face. This is an indication of increased blood and oxygen flow, which is awesome news for your skin. More blood flow increases collagen production, which in turn gives a healthy and natural glow.
- Contours the facial muscles – Definitely! I noticed this from the first week. My facial structure is visibly sharper now and my cheekbones are slightly more prominent than before. I know this is not a result of a clean diet (I haven’t really fixed my diet yet :p)
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles: I’m not really sure about this one as I am still 24 and have no fine lines or wrinkles.
- Reduces puffiness around eyes: Yes! This was one of the first things I noticed within the first week. After cleansing my face in the morning, I like to use the Jade facial massage roller all over my face to de-puff and remove all the toxins that have accumulated overnight. Using a Jade roller is a good way to reduce bloating in the face particularly around the eyes.
- Brightens dark circles around eyes: I don’t really think it helped me in this field. I have really bad dark circles, so any small change is easily noticeable.
- Better absorption of Skincare products: One of the fastest ways to improve your skin’s condition is to apply your skincare products during/after a facial massage. For example, I’ve noticed my skin loves it when I apply 2-3 drops of the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate after a 10-minute pm massage session. The next morning, my skin feels super soft and hydrated. Overall, my skin looks and feels 10x better compared to using the Kiehl’s midnight recovery concentrate without a facial massage.
- Absorb negative energy – Not sure if this is considered as absorption of negative energy, but I must say, after a 5-10 minute massage session, I always feel lighter and happier as though my body has gotten rid of all the clogged up toxins.
- Tightens pores – I will be very honest with you. I did not notice any difference in the tightness of my pores.
Keep in mind, this review was published only after using the jade facial massage roller for 2 weeks. Results could vary after a few months.
How to use the Shiffa Jade Facial Massage Roller:
Each movement is to be repeated 3-6 times.
- Using the large roller, begin on the neck starting in the centre and roll outwards.
- On the chin slide outwards following the jaw line towards the ears.
- Place the roller next to the mouth and gently slide upwards. Starting next to the nostrils, drain outwards towards the ears.
- Using the small roller, drain up next to the nose. Slide outwards under the eyes towards the temples.
- Drain upwards and outwards on the entire forehead.
- Change to the large roller and begin between the eyebrows slide up towards the hairline.
Cleaning your Shiffa Jade Facial Massage Roller:
Following each use, wipe your Jade roller with a damp cloth and leave to dry. NEVER wash your Jade roller with hot water.
Interested in getting one?
Balm Essence, an E-Boutique for ethical beauty and niche perfumery offer a variety of luxurious beauty brands that offer products of high quality, made with powerful natural/organic ingredients that have huge benefits for the skin, hair and entire body. Balm Essence kindly sent me the Shiffa jade facial massage roller that I’ve been using religiously for the past 2 weeks.
** Note: The Shiffa Jade Facial Massage Roller was part of a PR package. However, all opinions are my own **