Nature Republic – Argan Essential Deep Care Hair Pack
Do you all experience this weird phenomenon every morning? You wake up, head to the toilet in a state of sleep drunkenness, then look up the mirror and jump back in horror? I could swear my hair has a mind of it’s own. I can’t even begin to explain why, or how my hair got to that state!
My natural hair is dry & frizzy, so waking up with anti-gravity hair is a norm. However, for the past couple of months, its no longer just a couple of strands that are following the anti-gravity movement, more like 40% of my hair somehow joined the cult without my permission.
I’m at the gym 5-6 days a week, and having greasy hair is every girl’s worst nightmare. I know washing my hair every other day is probably not the wisest idea, but dry shampoos can only do so much. So I was in the search for a hair mask that will do some major damage repair once a week and give my hair a much needed moisture boost as well as tame it down a notch. After many failed experiences I decided to get the Nature Republic’s Argan Essential Deep Care Hair Pack since has quite a few interesting ingredients – organic argan oil extract, rose hip oil and prim rose oil.
How do these oils benefit our hair?
- Rosehip Oil – classified as a dry oil, Rosehip oil has quick absorption properties allowing it to quickly sink in to your skin/scalp without making you feel oily. It’s high composition of essential fatty acids enable it to treat dry, irritated skin as well as promote collagen production (which also helps in minimizing scars, age spots & hyper pigmentation).
- Primrose oil – its ability to effectively rejuvenate & moisturize hails from its high composition of gamma linoleic acid and omega fatty acids.
- Argan Oil – well known for it’s incredible conditioning properties resulting in softer, shinier hair. It’s suitable for all skin / hair types as well as helps in the treatment of split ends and taming frizzy hair. This is possible due to the main ingredient present in Argan oil, Vitamin E, which in itself is a great moisturizer for those suffering with a dry scalp.
Branded as a “self intensive hair care pack enriched with a highly concentrated argan oil to help repair severely damaged hair” I was highly skeptical about its performance. (Lets be serious for a sec, how many products have we tried that promised one thing or the other, but delivered nothing? 😛 ) But boy, was I wrong! When I washed the mask off, I honestly couldn’t believe how soft and healthy my hair looked. I couldn’t believe the hair on my head was mine! The results usually last for about 5-7 days, which is just enough time till your next “weekend” hair mask treatment.
- Very sleek packaging compared to the boring plastic jars all hair masks usually come in
- Quite sturdy and secure – I actually dropped it a couple of times, yet there isn’t a crack in sight
- Holds 200ml worth of hair mask
What I liked about it:
- My hair has never been this soft and healthy before
- There is less frizz!
- It takes only 20-30 min to deep condition my hair
- The mask’s consistency is more gel like, yet slightly thicker. But I really like it as it eases the process of application.
- Love the sleek packaging
- Slight floral scent (however the scent wears off quite quickly)
What I didn’t like about it:
- Since it’s a south Korean product, its quite hard to get a hold of on a short notice
Would I recommend it?
Yes, I’m actually about to order a couple more of the Argan mask, as well as the shampoo & conditioner from the same line!
I purchased this particular mask online via The BB Cream Girl , It retails for AED 60 (estimated delivery time 3-4 weeks)