Multi masking with Skin Republic
Multi masking is the go-to masking technique for anyone who wants to get the best out of their skincare. It involves using 2 or more different masks on your face at the same time depending on what each area needs. Thus, giving your skin a customized skincare session.
Today’s multi masking involves Skin Republic. A Korean skincare brand that has won multiple awards for combining the latest advancements in skincare with mother nature’s restorative properties. All their products contain a concentration of nutrient-rich ingredients that nourish, rejuvenate and hydrate resulting in healthy, glowing skin.
Skin Republic recently launched 5 new sheet masks to their skincare range (shown below). And I will be reviewing 3 of them in detail.
24K Gold Aquagel Under Eye Patches
Hydrogel under eye patches infused with 24K Gold aims to reduce crow’s feet and fine lines. Provides a continuous and concentrated dose of antiaging serum to the delicate eye area.
After cleansing, place the hydrogel patches under your eyes. Leave on for 30min, take off and do not rinse off.
Easily one of the most soothing and calming eye patches I’ve ever used ( and I’ve used quite a few :p). What I really like about the 24K Gold Aquagel Under Eye Patch is that the patches are very thick compared to an average eye patch. I actually fell asleep with them on and when I woke up, they were still in position and my under eyes never felt this soothed before!
Oh and guess what, my eye bags looked slightly brighter than the day before and those fine lines under my eyes were less visible even with all the concealer on. I give credit to the presence of gold. It’s ions help in stimulating the cells thus improving the blood circulation. The antioxidants and phytonutrients found in Blueberries also help in nourishing and brightening.
For more details on the 24K Gold Aquagel Under Eye Patches click here
Charcoal Peel-OFF Face Mask – 25ML
A mineral-rich Charcoal peel-off face mask that combines the purifying benefits of charcoal with the deep cleansing properties of a peel-off mask for a glowing, clear complexion.
- Removes blackheads and dirt from skin’s pores
- Exfoliates and brightens resulting in a luminous complexion
- Refines texture for ultra-soft skin.
The ingredients list got me hyped! It contains a number of really good ingredients like:
- Charcoal – a dirt magnet. Activated charcoal is known for its ability to draw out and absorb all the impurities from the skin
- Green tea – Rich in antioxidants. Green Tea is well used for cleansing the skin (and body) from free radicals.
- Lemon Extract – Nature’s exfoliant. Lemon is widely used for it’s brightening properties due to its ability to get rid of dead skin cells
- Grape & Strawberry Extract – Both high in Vitamin C, which is known for its endless benefits for the skin.
Apply an even layer to clean, dry skin, avoiding the eye area, eyebrows, hairline and lips. Once completely dry, gently peel off mask. Wash off any residue with water.
Applies like a dream! The formula is a perfect balance between runny and thick consistency. There was no irritation/tingling sensation experienced. It took about 30 min for the mask to dry out completely (time flies when you do your chores, read a book or watch your fav. drama :p) and then it was time to peel the mask off.
Consider yourselves warned. This one really sticks … to your BROWS! I made the stupid mistake of not taking care when applying it around my brows. Let’s just say, your gurl got her brows waxed 🤣 The rest of the mask pulled off fairly easily and in ONE piece. I immediately noticed that my skin felt considerably smoother especially on my forehead where I tend to get oily during the day.
The thing that took me by surprise was the lack of visible gunk on the remnants of the peel off mask. Considering I just waxed my face I have to say I was expecting a whole lot more from this peel especially when it comes to the extracting blackheads department. My blackheads didn’t budge 🤷🏻♀️
For more details on the Charcoal Peel-OFF Face Mask, click here
Nose Strip (x 6)
• Removes blackheads instantly
• Tightens skin’s pores and soothes redness
• Assists in preventing blackheads
- Charcoal – An excellent skin purifier charcoal acts as a magnet to draw out dirt, oil and bacteria from the skin’s pores.
- Witch Hazel – One of the oldest cosmetic ingredients. It helps with controlling water loss and is an excellent astringent. It also helps in reducing skin redness and has antioxidant properties.
- Aloe Vera – Improves the skin’s ability to hydrate itself, aids in the removal of dead skin cells and has an effective penetrating ability that helps transport healthy substances through the skin. It also rich in antioxidants.
- Mugwort – Salicylic Acid derived from Mugwort helps clean and exfoliate the skin’s pores. Mugwort is also an excellent anti-inflammatory making it ideal for the treatment of pimples. This ingredient also helps soothe redness, improve circulation and is suitable for sensitive skin.
How to use:
After cleansing thoroughly wet nose, peel the strip off plastic liner and apply to the nose area. Press down to ensure good contact with the skin. Leave the strip to dry until it’s stiff to the touch. Slowly peel off the strip starting from the outer edges towards the centre. Rinse off any remaining residue.
I had to test this a few times as I wasn’t impressed with the results the first time around. The first time I used the nose strip was on a freshly cleansed face. I applied the nose strip of a wet nose and let it dry till it was stiff to the touch.
While peeling off the strip, I noticed the strip stuck really well and expected to see at least 50% of my blackheads to be on the strip. To my surprise, The strip was completely clean! As you could see from the image below, just 2 blackheads were extracted.
I decided to give it another go. This time I had a facial steam for 15 min (focusing on the nose), then applied the strip and really pressed in on to my skin to ensure some blackheads get stuck to the strip. I waited till the strip got stiff to the touch and slowly peeled it off starting from the sides.
Lo and behold, look at all the difference a facial steam made! It managed to pull out all that! Can’t say I’m not impressed cause I really am. After that nose strip, my nose feels so nice and clean.
I’m really liking this one, it performed a whole lot better than I expected and it definitely sets a good example of why second chances are a good idea 😉
For more details on the Skin Republic nose strip, click here
All Skin Republic Masks are dermatologist tested and are not tested on animals. Skin Republic Masks have a three-year shelf life and are available from:
- Department stores: Harvey Nichols, Bloomingdales, Areej, Lifestyle, Karji
- Pharmacies: BinSina, Boots, Manara, Docib, Medicine Shoppe, United Pharmacy.
- Online: www.souq.com; www.noon.com; www.sprii.com
- Supermarkets: Spinney’s, Waitrose, Al Maya and Blush