Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
The Super Volcanic Clay Mask by Innisfree is by far the best clay mask I’ve tried so far. From its cute eco-friendly packaging to the actual product, it gets a 4.5/5 from me. Want to know why? Keep reading to find out!
One of the reasons I love this product so much has to do with the fact that its an Innisfree product. Innisfree is a well known Korean street brand that has paved its way through the market by being the first natural skincare & beauty line. All its products hail from Jeju Island, which is known for having clear fresh air, warm sunlight, fertile healthy soil, and pollution free water.
The deets about my skin:
- Skin type: Combination ( Dry with an oily t-zone )
- I do have a couple of stubborn blackheads on my nose
- Slightly visible pores in the cheek area
Let get down to reviewing Innisfree’s Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask.
- Packaging: The sturdy plastic jar containing the clay mask (100ml) comes with a screw off aluminum lid in a cute eco-friendly recycled box.
- Product: I thought was quite interesting how easy it was to spread the mask all over your face despite its thick creamy consistency. It also contains tiny Jeju volcanic scoria capsules (which can be seen in the image)
that do all the exfoliating work for you. It’s important to note that a little goes a long way. The product is likely last for about 3-6 months (if you use it on a weekly or biweekly basis). As you apply it on your clean face you will feel a cooling sensation that lasts for about 5-8 minutes, which I must say is very relaxing! Once the clay mask has completely dried on your face (usually takes about 20 min) you can wash it off and continue with the rest of your skincare routine.
- Results: My skin felt refreshed mostly due to the cooling sensation it gives as the mask dries off. I did notice that my slightly visible pores seemed to have reduced in size and are barely noticeable once the mask is washed off. My skin looked brighter, felt so soft and supple due to the exfoliating beads that got rid of all the dull dead skin cells.
I now understand why this mask has won 22 Global Beauty Awards till date 😀
- Leaves the skin feeling slightly dry, so you will have to follow up with a moisturizer (which you should be doing anyway).
- Packaging is unhygienic – you have to scoop the product out with your finger as it doesn’t come with a spatula (so wash your hands before touching it).
Note: I usually use this deep cleansing mask following a facial steam. I find the mask works best in deep cleaning with open pores. Also,this mask did not break me out at all 🙂
Would I recommend this mask?
YES! I definitely recommend this mask to everyone, It did my skin good and will definitely use it up this summer when my skin feels dull and hot.