Empties | Products I’ve used up #1
I’ve been waiting to type up this post since forever! At last my pile of empties has grown to a decent amount for me to blog about it 😛 So lets get started shall we 🙂
- Innisfree’s Green Tea Balancing Skin – Those that know me by now will know about my never ending love for the whole Green Tea line by Innisfree. This balancing skin honestly saved my skin during the summer heat. It’s meant to be used right after the Green Tea seed serum, however, I saw a major difference when I used it as a “mask” – fill a couple of cotton pads with the Balancing Skin and place it on areas you feel need a boost of moisture. I usually keep them on my cheeks and forehead while I finish up my work, and when I’m done, the result speaks for itself. I already have a back up waiting fo rme to dig in to it 🙂
- Innisfree Ginger Oil Serum – I reviewed this serum last month and those that read it will know how much my skin enjoyed this during the cold, drying winter. This serum is amazing for those that have dry / combination skin (I don’t see it working well for those with oily skin as it is an oil serum, and will make your skin look oilier than usual). It hydrates the skin really well and gives a healthy glow from the moment of application. By far, this is the first serum, or any skin care product that has given my skin a noticeable healthy glow that I absolutely loved. Definitely repurchasing this one this coming winter, and recommending all those with dry skin to try it out as well, you won’t regret it.
- Etude House Skin Malgem Emulsion – I’ve never been this sad to see a product reach its final days, but alas we must part (for now). I loved this emulsion from the heart, everything about it was perfect for my skin. I’ve also reviewed this this emulsion and explained in detail why I loved it so much so be sure to check it out 🙂 I will, without a doubt, get this emulsion again in the future, but am currently interested in trying out other emulsions
- Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner (10 in 1) – This is one of those products that don’t leave a lasting impression on you once you are done with it. I remember how great it smelt, and did its job as an average toner. However, I clearly remember how sad I was to finish up all 250ml of it and not see half the things it claimed to do. It definitely didn’t minimize the appearance of my pores, it didn’t deep cleanse my pores, my skin tone was not refined, and it didn’t give my skin smooth glass-like texture ( then again, I doubt any single product ever would give you such flawless texture). I had high hopes for this toner, but unfortunately it didn’t amaze me and I can live without it. It has really cute packaging though 😛
- Nature Republic Olive Hair Pack – For those that want amazingly soft hair that smells divine, this is the must have hair product for you! I was actually trying out various hair masks / packs, but once I tried this one out and saw the results, I completely forgot about the rest and kept on using the olive pack till I sadly ran out. This pack in particular did my hair good, and my hair surely loved it. It constantly had a nice subtle shine, there was major frizz control, and my hair was super soft to the touch and results would last till my next hair wash (3-4 days). It is times like this I wish Kbeauty was more easily available in the UAE. I recommend this to my family, friends, and everyone in general. If you ever feel your hair needs a major pick me up, try this pack asap and I’m sure you’d come back thanking me for this.
2. Etude House Silk Scarf Hair Treatment – The packaging is super CUTE! Reminds me of my childhood when I used to pretend to wash my barbie doll’s hair with her shampoo & conditioner. The scent is typical barbie perfume scent – floral & sweet, which I really like. The Treatment in itself is really good. Not as good as the Olive Hair pack, but almost there. It makes my hair soft and manageable but just as the scent it wears off quite quickly (literally stays for a day). I would still repurchase it though. As I go to the gym and have to wash my hair often, I find it works really well when I use it as a conditioner on a regular basis. I currently have 3 more as backup 🙂
- Innisfree Green Tea Pure Body Cleanser – For those that want to experience a really relaxing, spa like experience every time you have a shower, this should be your new shower gel. I kid you not, but whenever I had annoying arguments, or was stressed out to the max with work, I found myself running to have a relaxing shower. All that was missing was some spa music that would put you to sleep right there and then 😛 The scent is very similar to the Green tea seed serum and the balancing skin, but with a higher staying power. This cleanser is so popular that it is almost always out of stock on innisfree’s website 🙁 I need like 20 bottles of this body cleanser in my life right now!
2. Soap & Glory SCRUB ‘EM AND LEAVE ‘EM body buff – surprise, surprise a non K-Beauty item :p My fav. go to scrub. I will probably continue repurchasing this scrub till I grow old and frail 😀 I always feel squeaky clean and my skin super soft after a good ‘ol scrub session. Out of all the body scrubs I’ve used so far, this works really well in removing accumulated dead skin cells and leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean again. What I really like about this scrub in particular is the size of the exfoliating granules, it is defintely not a mild scrub and you need to be careful to not scrub too hard and damage your skin (I’ve done it before, and it doesn’t feel good at all) so take care 🙂 Ps – you’ll smell amazing once you’re done 😀
1. Benefit They’re Real Mascara – Loved it, but not lovin’ the price tag. I wasn’t sure if I would like it or not, and I sincerely hoped I would hate it so that I won’t have to think about buying it again, but I loved it 😛 My lashes were always on fleek even without curling them. The reason I really liked this mascara was the fact that both the wand and mascara formula were on point. I usually either hate on the wand or the formula, so I was happy to finally come across a mascara that is great with the exception of that price tag. I’m not one to spend so much on mascara since It’s the only makeup product that I use religiously and toss out within a month or two. So will stick to my go to drugstore ones for now 😛
2. Benefit They’re Real Push-up Liner – For those suffering to get that perfect winged liner, you may want to save up and get this. I actually got this during my early winged liner days, and noticed how much time (mine and others, if you know what I mean :P) and effort it helped me save. I won’t lie, it still requires some practice to get used to the applicator, but once you get the hang of it, you will appear to be the winged liner whisperer 😀
3. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Thick & Thin Eyeliner – I will not try to sugar coat this at all. I love Rimmel, but I hated this eyeliner with passion. I honestly wanted to toss it out as soon as I tried it on my eyes, the applicator was too hard for my eyes (eyes have really delicate skin in general, so you need to be gentle) I constantly felt my eyes were irritated after using this liner and will never ever recommend this to anyone nor will I look in to repurchasing it ever again in my life 🙁
That ends my first ever empties list, hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing about them. If you’ve tried any of the products mentioned, let me know in the comment section below 🙂